Are the Minimum Amounts of Liability and Personal Injury Insurance the Same for Both Cars and Motorcycles?

No matter what type of vehicle you drive, you need to be properly insured with the minimum amount of insurance in place at all times. The agents of Alloy Insurance Partners serve residents living in Dallas, TX and many of the surrounding communities. Whether you drive a car or motorcycle, the agents can help you get the coverage you need to drive legally within the state of Texas.

Same Amounts

Both automobiles and motorcycles require the same amount of insurance when it comes to personal liability and property damage. In Texas, you must have at least $30,000 of personal injury liability insurance (up to $60,000) and at $25,000 property damage liability per accident to drive legally. Just like an auto insurance policy, you will have the choice between PL/PD and collision or comprehensive type policies.

Two Different Policies

Motorcycles are not insured under an auto insurance policy. They have a policy designed to cover the unique needs of a motorcycle. Even though they are covered under two separate and unique policies, they can be bundled together with an auto insurance policy under a multi-policy plan. By bundling your home, auto, motorcycle, and boat insurance into one large policy, you may receive certain discounts that will reduce your monthly premiums. 

In Dallas, TX, turn to the agents of Alloy Insurance Partners when you have questions about an existing motorcycle policy or are in the market to buy a new one. They have the answers you have been looking for and can customize or bundle your policies so you have one convenient monthly premium. Call today and talk to an agent!